Kodo Millet Upma
- 1 Cup kodo millet
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp rai (mustard seeds)
- 10-12 curry leaves
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger, grated
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup mixed veggies (such as carrots, peas, beans, green capsicum, dudhi, cabbage, broccoli, etc.)
- Rinse the kodo millet and soak it in water for 30 minutes.
- Drain the water and keep the soaked kodo millet aside.
- In a pan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the rai (mustard seeds) and let them splutter.
- Add the curry leaves, chopped onion, green chili, and grated ginger, and sauté until the onion turns translucent.
- Add the mixed veggies and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the soaked kodo millet and sauté for a few more minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water, turmeric powder, and salt to taste.
- Mix well and cover the pan with a lid.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes or until the kodo millet is tender and the water has been absorbed.
- Add the roasted peanuts and mix well.
- Garnish with chopped fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.
Follow me on Instagram: