Planning on losing weight?
FIND A WAY TO ACHIEVE SUSTAINABLE WEIGHT LOSS AND NOT A QUICK FIX.
MISTAKE – Going for fad diets which are extreme.
Thinking of a diet as a quick fix is the most dangerous thing you can think of.
Diets are supposed to be a lifestyle change, adopting healthy habits and leaving old ones behind which should give you a long term solution to better your health.
Extreme diets are based on will power rather than habits you can build into your daily life. Diets are not supposed to focus on rules as it will demotivate you emotionally and you would end up giving up and lose hope.
Follow a diet that takes you on the road of gradual lifestyle transformation, ensuring your health is not comprised on.
- Start with making small changes like excluding fried, sweets, canned and packaged food from your diet.
- Workout every day except one rest day.
- Substitute your bad habits with good, for ex. Instead of having tea / coffee first thing in the morning, start with a fruit and have your tea a little later.
- Instead of having one heavy meal, divide your meals and have small mid- snacks in between to avoid over eating at once.
- Include more fresh vegetable and fruits throughout the day.